As a Photographer, you are a service-based business owner. I am sure that you have heard (and probably realized) that you need to have an organized Client Workflow in place. But, what does Client Workflow even mean?! And why do you need it?! Basically, a Client Workflow is just a list of to-dos and deadlines that you need to do for your client. When you have a simple, organized Client Workflow in place, you will never miss a step of what needs to get done! We are getting into the busy season, and it can be a bit intimidating to keep everything organized. I have mentioned Trello.com before in my One Tip to Help You Have the Most Productive Week post. And I’m going to mention Trello again – because it’s simply amazing.
Kristina Rose, of Kristina Rose Photography, is here to tell us how to create an easy Client Workflow using Trello. Here is her link to copy her Trello Board for you to use as an outline if you want!
CREATING A CLIENT WORKFLOW WITH TRELLO
- You will need to sign up for Trello at Trello.com
- You can use the board that Kristina already created HERE, just make sure you copy the board and make it private
- Keep it simple! Take time to play around with the board. Trello is super easy and user friendly.
- Make a Leads/Follow-ups Card. This card is for when someone emails you that they want a photo shoot. You can then add them to your card.
- You can make a checklist within each card.
- You can take items and give them due dates that connect to your own calendar. You can even attach documents, connect them to your email, and send it through Trello.
- Client Card. Make your own workflow for each client. Everything is one spot.
- You can see that you made it through the workflow, and you know that you haven’t left anything out.
- Pro tip: you can copy cards and paste them, so you don’t have to rewrite everything!
Comment below if you found this tutorial helpful. Do you need a better system to help you with your Client Workflow? Do you think Trello could be the answer for you?
Kristina Rose is a Christianburg, VA Photographer who offers and experience unlike any other servicing the New River Valley. Her mission is to provide sincere and enduring photographic art through a relaxed and enjoyable experience. Kristina offers a full-service boutique photography journey specializing in children, families, and seniors.